- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 7m
- Ready In : 10m
- ½ English cucumber, seeds removed, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g Greek yogurt (I used 0% and it was delicious and creamy but any type will work)
- 1-2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley and/or mint (many recipes will call for dill, which I don’t like so I didn’t add it but it would be delicious)
- ½-1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
Cut the cucumber in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
Grate the cucumber on a box grater and place in a sieve over a bowl.
Sprinkle salt overtop, toss the cucumber with the salt and let it sit while you complete the rest of the recipe (the salt will pull out the extra moisture in the cucumber which will allow the yogurt to stay thick and creamy). Squeeze the extra moisture out of the cucumber before adding to yogurt.
Add the garlic, cucumber, lemon and herbs to the yogurt.
Taste for seasoning, because of the salt added to the cucumbers you may not need as much salt as you would expect.