Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup2017-04-26
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:15 h
This butternut squash soup will warm you up on the coldest of days and its sweet taste will appeal to everyone.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 28 oz low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add the onion, carrots, butternut squash and apple to the slow cooker.
Pour vegetable broth over all ingredients.
Slow cook on low for 6 hours.
Once vegetables are soft, puree the soup (you can use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender in batches).
Add cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup.